June 14, 2019 – The success of the Apollo 11 Moon landing in 1969 made possible our adventures in space today and laid a foundation for future achievements in space. The Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs is celebrating the Apollo 11 Moon landing with a spectacular family event on July 20, made possible by premier sponsor Raytheon.
The day will begin with “Breakfast with an Astronaut,” featuring former NASA astronaut Duane “Digger” Carey, who will share an inspiring story of his journey to space.
Other activities will include:
- Building rockets
- United States Air Force Academy presents engineering the chemistry of rockets
- United States Postal Service one-of-a-kind Apollo 11 postmark celebration and unveiling of new First Moon Landing stamp
- Apollo virtual reality
- Science On a Sphere® presentations
- Drive a Rover in our Mars Robotics Laboratory
- Astronaut obstacle course
- Space face painting presented by Magic by Larry Scott
- Food trucks
See a list of all the day’s activities and register for discounted tickets now here. Admission will also include access to the Discovery Center’s Summer of Discovery exhibit “Build!”
Located at 4425 Arrowswest Drive in Colorado Springs, the Space Foundation Discovery Center is the region’s only space, science and technology attraction. The Discovery Center is open to the public 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.